You may have noticed that carmakers are pushing the service departments of their dealerships more and more in advertising. Ford touts themselves as “America’s Newest Tire Store” and GM’s “Good Wrench Service Plus” has been around for a long time. So why is that happening?
· With discounts and special financing, the profit margins on new cars have dropped considerably, and dealerships have to generate more business through their service departments.
· At one time, warranty work accounted for about 70 percent of the work done at dealerships. Today, with better, more dependable and longer-lasting cars, that figure has dropped to about 20 percent.
Sure, your car is a machine. An inanimate object. But when you rely on inanimate objects as much as we do our cars, it’s hard not to get attached to them and think of them as (almost) family. With Christmas right around the corner, how about a little Christmas love for the family member out in the garage?
At Don Duncan’s All American Auto & Tire Centers in Montgomery, AL, we’d like to offer up a few suggestions:
· Air filter: If your Christmas budget is stretched thin, an air filter’s a great idea for your car. The air filter prevents dust, pollen and other contaminants from entering your fuel system where they can cause damage, ...[more]
- Many historians believe that the real Independence Day is July 2nd – it wasn’t until the 4th that Congress signed off on Thomas Jefferson’s declaration.
- The only man who signed the document on July 4, 1776 was John Hancock; the rest of them signed in subsequent days. Hancock annoyed other signatories by leaving such a large, flamboyant signature that it left them little room for their ow ...[more]
Whether you are planning a family road trip or staying in town- ensuring routine auto repair is up-to-date this summer is imperative to the performance and safety of every vehicle. Easily distressed by summer weather, vehicles can easily fall into decline without proper auto repair and routine maintenance. Prepare for the long summer ahead with the knowledgeable technicians of Don Duncan’s All American Automotive and Tire- the premier auto repair and tire dealership in Montgomery, AL.
Staying current with scheduled maintenance such as belt checks and oil changes are a few minor auto repairs that save time and money to promote the longevity of any vehicle. Schedule an appointment at either Don Duncan’s All American Automotive and Tire location to browse the largest selectio ...[more]