Auto Repair & Services
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Filters
- Alternator Repair
- Battery Replacement
- Belt & Hose Replacement
- Brake Repair
- Car Service & Preventative Maintenance
- Cooling System Repair
- Driveline Repair
- Engine Repair
- Fluid Inspection
- Headlight Restoration
- Muffler Repair
- Oil Changes Service
- Suspension Repair
- Tire Repair
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Installation
- Tire Rotation
- Transmission Repair
- Tune Up
- Windshield Wiper Blades
Wheel Alignments in Montgomery, AL
Your vehicle leaves the factory with the front wheels set at very specific angles, relative to the frame, the rear wheels and an imaginary straight line down the center of the vehicle. These angles are set by engineers for the best possible handling, steering response, ride quality and road manners.
Over time, though, these angles can drift out of spec – especially if you have a hard hit on a railroad track, a pothole or a curb. It can be enough to jolt a wheel out of adjustment or even bend and deform a piece of steering gear like a tie rod or Pitman arm.
Are you noticing any of the following problems with your vehicle?
- Persistent pull to one side on straight, un-crowned pavement with no crosswind
- Holding the steering wheel off-center to keep the vehicle in a straight line
- Steering feels “clumsy” and “heavy”
- Steering wheel has poor returnability – won’t center itself readily after rounding a corner
- Inside or outside edge of one tire is wearing unevenly
If you’re noticing any of these signs, chances are you’re in need of a front end alignment. The four steering angles are:
- Toe-in, the inward skew of a wheel as seen from above
- Toe-out, the reverse of toe-in
- Camber, the inward or outward tilt of the top of a wheel, as seen from the front
- Caster, the fore-and-aft orientation of a wheel
A tech can put your vehicle on an alignment rack, where he’s able to take fine measurements and make minute adjustments to the steering gear to gradually bring the steering angles back into spec again.
All American Auto & Tire offers quality Wheel Alignment in Montgomery, Alabama
At Don Duncan’s All American Auto & Tire Centers, our service department has a state-of-the-art alignment rack and trained techs to perform front-end alignments. Please note that many newer vehicles also feature adjustable rear wheel angles; our techs are also trained and qualified for full four-wheel alignments.
A vehicle that pulls to one side and drives poorly is more than just an annoyance for the driver. It’s also costing you money in terms of fuel economy, due to increased rolling resistance, and it’s wearing out tires prematurely! Make an appointment with Don Duncan’s All American Auto & Tire Centers for a wheel alignment soon!